So as I hit week three, the parts are coming in, so parts are being fitted.
Some of the original parts are now getting tough to find, so I have had to hit a few contacts across the USA, and as luck would have it, I am doing Ok.
So let’s see where we are….
this is how she sits this morning, the brake caliper is away being refinished, and all the seals are here waiting to be fitted, I also have a replacement decal to go on.
New PMC seat from Z-Power, I have the strap to fit yet, and the seat catch assembly, although I do have the parts for both. I have also fitted the correct steering damper, and fuel tank cap seal. The carbs have now been cleaned and are in the post back to me, along with the fuel tap, I have cleaned out the fuel tank as best I can, and I am hoping that it won’t need sealing, we will see what happens here later. And here’s one for the rivet counters, New grips, to replace the Italian comfy ones that were fitted, as you can see these are correct NOS grips, and have Japan embossed in the end, copies don’t. you could buy two full sets of copies for the price of one of these! and they are getting very hard to find, especially the throttle grip.
I also managed to track down, both of the original throttle cables, one from over here in the UK, and one from the USA, the close cable has been listed as NLA for a long time now. Oh and I mentioned before that I had found the correct decal for my Bill Wirges exhaust system, well here it is …
That’s it for today, I have a few things on order, Tyres, Bridgestone BT45’s, a new sealed battery, fuel lines, and rear peg rubbers. I have a few bits here that need fitting too, oil pressure switch housing, and new switch wiring, with rubber cap. So getting close now to firing the thing up.